Deleted files in Recycle Bin

gsxchris 16:33 08 Mar 06

Hi and thanks in advance for any help on my problem.
For some unknown reason 2 days ago all the files in my recycle bin disappeared. Now when I go to empty the bin it asks me if I want to delete all the files, so they are still there but not showing. Any new files I delete also do not show up but are in the bin itself, I have checked for a virus and nothing showing. I run spybot, ad-aware and microsoft antispyware and nothing untoward appears to have happened.
I wish to restore a file I deleted so I do not really want to empty the recycle bin yet. If I have to it won't be the end of the world.
I run Xp SP2 all updates are current, bullguard is my virus and firewall protector, This machine is also on a network which is shared but I no longer wish to share the pc with my other one so that won't be a problem either if that means deleting the network.
Many thanks for all help recived

rawprawn 16:57 08 Mar 06

click here Scroll down to the Blue Download Registry Fix. Warning I have never used this fix, but if all else fails?

Also Download and run Restoration it is an excellent program to recver deleted files which have been deleted and are on the HD
click here

rawprawn 17:17 08 Mar 06

Try a system file scan quite often effective and not dangerous. Go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow
(watch the space between sfc and /) you will need your XP CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5