Deleted files- after back up

muscic lover 20:40 06 Apr 11

I used my external hard drive that I purchased 2 yrs ago for a back up of my files that I have saved - Photos, emails and the like on my 25GB drive.
All good so far.
Backed up my new shiny win 7 laptop after initial boot ups, all files all OK.
Did another back up today and after checking -all the files say (empty) and the backup didnt compleet.
Now do I need to tell my wife I have lost a lot of family photos and the like or do I need to buy a cricket box and quality crash hat?
OK, being serious, Have I lost all the photos or id there a recovery programme I can use...
or ideas that may help.

muscic lover 20:46 06 Apr 11

MIRACLE - THEY HAVE ALL RETURNED!

thank goodness.....
Oh good no need to buy a new hat and box! Oh joy....
Thanks anyhow, folk - will buy new drive in next few days and do double back ups!

Peace and love to all.

robin_x 21:06 06 Apr 11

You aren't making backups and deleting originals are you? Whole pint is to have an extra set.

Strictly data 'does not exist' unless it is in 3 places. An extra drive won't do any harm though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…