Deleted emails

muddypaws 20:42 16 Apr 03

In O/X how do you delete 'deleted' emails,i.e emails that are in the deleted box other than by deleting one by one. Just trying to confirm that I an brain dead! Thanks every one. Don't get killed in the rush!!

crx16 20:46 16 Apr 03

you need to check the box 'empty messages from deleted items folder on exit'

beeuuem 20:57 16 Apr 03

Or right click on the 'Deleted Items'folder.

MAJ 21:24 16 Apr 03

Or click on the first message, hold down the shift key and click on the last message, right click and choose delete. Or while in the deleted items folder hold down the Ctrl and A keys and click the delete icon on the toolbar.

To be on the safe side, I wouldn't empty the folder "on exit" as crx16 advised, unless you were really sure you wanted all deleted without checking first.

muddypaws 21:30 16 Apr 03

Thanks. I opted for yours crx16 as it was the first choice. All done. Know next time.

muddypaws 21:33 16 Apr 03

Too late!! No it's OK thanks. I didn't want any of them. Cheers

crx16 21:35 16 Apr 03

i only gave that option,as i myself didnt see an easier way,beeuum has pointed out a simpler way,and MAJ has pointed out the obvious changing my set up.

maybe you should too.once there gone,there gone.

MAJ 21:53 16 Apr 03

Sorry crx16, it was only as a precaution that I mentioned it, sometimes if one has message rules set up to send to the deleted items folder, a "good" email can get caught in the net and deleted permanently by accident, or if the old finger slips and one is inadvertently sent to the deleted items folder, it can be deleted permanently. But if you're sure of all your deleted emails, that is as good a way as any, and the quickest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…