deleted email attachments

Newuser819 17:24 23 Jul 04

I use outlook express 6, xp home, mailwasher and zone alarm firewall.

I have recently received 2 emails with attachments that show no sign in the message box (no paper clip)although they show the symbol for an attachment in the heading.

I originally had the box "do not show attachments to be saved etc" ticked, (tools\options \security) but this has now been removed.

I have never received any warning that attachments can not be read, nor have the messages reappeared since removing the tick.

Furthermore, attachments to earlier emails have also disappeared as have those from emails I sent which were received with attachments by the recipient.

Any ideas please

GaT7 18:25 23 Jul 04

OE is part of IE. Try a repair of IE (click here if you need to know how). Good luck, G

palinka 18:28 23 Jul 04

have you checked that the "do not allow attacments....etc" is still unchecked; odd things sometimes happen, like ticks reappearing.

Newuser819 17:05 31 Aug 04

I have now also found the answer to this query myself.

My email attachments were not deleted, but did not appear to be attached to the message ( no paper clip symbol.)

To remedy this go into Outlook Express \ view \ layout \ and tick "show preview pane header".

I imagine at some stage I was "advised" by an over conscious safety suggestion to remove the tick so that I could never accidentally let loose some malicious virus etc.

Newuser819 17:06 31 Aug 04

I have now also found the answer to this query myself.

My email attachments were not deleted, but did not appear to be attached to the message ( no paper clip symbol.)

To remedy this go into Outlook Express \ view \ layout \ and tick "show preview pane header".

I imagine at some stage I was "advised" by an over conscious safety suggestion to remove the tick so that I could never accidentally let loose some malicious virus etc.

sattman 19:39 31 Aug 04

Newuser

I dont consider that it was a over conscious safety suggestion to keep the preview pane closed

By showing the preview pane open you are at greater risk from infecting your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…