Deleted E-mails by mistake - can I get them back?

darkster 11:04 10 Aug 03

Hi all,

Just made a silly schoolboy error (Hungover!!!) and deleted my Outlook Express inbox rather than my deleted folder! I would be grateful if someone could tell me If or how I can get them back. (Windows XP)

Thanks in advance.

Keith 11:07 10 Aug 03

I use Outlook, but I would imagine that OE is much the same. The files you deleted from your Inbox should now be in your Deleted folder. Open your Deleted folder, highlight the files you want back, and drag them to your Inbox. Keith

darkster 11:11 10 Aug 03

Thanks for the quick response Keith. The trouble is that I have deleted them from the Deleted items folder. I was thinking I might be able to recall them from within Windows somehow?

Wak 11:55 10 Aug 03

I have just recovered a deleted E-mail file from the hard drive by using a program called FastFileUndelete which I can send you if you e-mail me your address.
There is also another program called Rest2514 (Restoration) which you could possibly get off the net (try Google)
However, I would suggest that you don't use your computer too much as you may write over the deleted files.
Also, some recovery programs slightly alter the name of the file or the extension so just change them back to what they should be and they should then re-load OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…