delete Windows 7 os

theearlofsabden 15:43 PM 10 Jul 11

Hi all

I'm running Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems on my PC. I have a choice on boot up to pick either.

How do I delete Windows 7 from appearing on the boot up screen, I only want to boot in XP.

Thanks.

chub_tor 16:20 PM 10 Jul 11

If you want to keep Windows 7 but boot instead into XP first then click on this link.

http://www.lytebyte.com/2009/02/05/how-to-change-the-default-os-boot-order-between-windows-7-and-vista/

gengiscant 16:22 PM 10 Jul 11

Steps to Uninstall Windows 7 1.Start Windows XP. 2.Insert Windows 7 ISO DVD into DVD drive. 3.Press ‘Win + R’ to open Run command prompt. 4.Type [DVD Drive Letter]:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force and click on OK. Note: Add the name of your DVD drive in [DVD Drive Letter] field.

5.Remove DVD from your drive and reboot the system. 6.Your computer will boot up with Windows XP installation. 7.Now you can either format the drive/partition containing Windows 7 or manually remove files of Windows 7. 8.Finally remove Boot.BAK and BootSect.BAK from root system folder of Windows XP. Don’t delete these files if you have another operating system installed other than Windows XP.

Alternate Method: Simply format the drive/partition that contains Windows 7 files and repair your system with Windows XP installation CD for any booting errors.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites