delete 'undeletable files'

rsturbo 23:22 18 May 05

i have a couple of folders on my usb hdd that cannot be deleted, tried safe mode, dos, renaming and shouting!

the folder properties state the folder size is 0kb!

thanks for any help

Jak_1 00:38 19 May 05

If the are 0 kb then I should just leave them. What os and what are the file extentions?

Peter 01:29 19 May 05

If you're absolutely sure that it's okay to remove them you could try using Shift-Delete (Press and hold down the SHIFT key and then tap the delete key. Release the SHIFT key).

This will bypass the Recycle Bin, but as Jak_1 asks "What os and what are the file extensions?" Are their attributes normal, not system, hidden or read only. If not normal leave them well alone. If they are zero bytes they are not taking up any significant disk space.

Have a check on Google using the folder/file names.

Peter.

WikkidWench 10:13 19 May 05

For removing stubborn files (and if definately sure of course) go to click here and download [email protected] It's so easy to use too!

BlueMeanie 19:08 22 May 05

Have you tried " DELTREE /P " in DOS, this removes most files and/or directories.

BEN MARSHALL 19:42 22 May 05

create an identical copy of the folder Permanently delete the original then delete the copy this should work! PS. you may not be able to remove the folder because some registry values of the program are left and are saying that the program that is not there needs the run registry mechanic to fix this see free trial link : click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…