delete "typed URL's" part3

Magik ®© 08:24 11 May 05

hi, there must be an answer to getting rid of them,ccleaner does not, i downloaded "window washer" and that will not, then late last night i read that microsofts beta version of anti-spyware would do it, i downloaded it all, ran it, and still they are there, I went into the registry, and instead of a list like there was suppose to be, there is a (ab) icon and the word "default" i downloaded two other progs which said they would delete them, and still they come up, what ever letter i type in the "file/open box there is a list of addresses.

anyone any idea ?

thanks

Magik ®© 09:14 11 May 05

here is a link to someone else with the same problem, I have tried all he has, with the same results.......nothing..

click here

BurrWalnut 09:39 11 May 05

I haven't read your previous threads but have you tried this second registry key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21......\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

Magik ®© 09:47 11 May 05

hi, just tried it, and the end result was the same, a small icon with "ab" written in it and the word "default"..certainly no list :-(

thanks anyway

Magik ®© 10:34 11 May 05

hi again, anyone know where this bit is.

"By default, IEHistoryView doesn't display the URLs list from the Registry, but you can change this setting by choosing the "Display Typed URLs" option under the View menu. If this option is selected, the URLs list in the Registry are displayed,"

i can find nothing under "view"

gudgulf 10:59 11 May 05

I think that if all the programs that would usually clear rhe URL and other lists are failing you have probably got a problem with IE itself.Try a repair click here and click here

Magik ®© 11:09 11 May 05

thanks, just had a look in add/remove and IE is not listed......this is getting out of hand....shall i just call it a day and leave it alone ? :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…