Delete program files+uninstall or just uninstall?

buel 09:11 06 May 10

Hi, i have just uninstalled a 2006 version of Norton on my friend's laptop to replace it with an up to date AVG. Revo uninstaller had a few problems uninstalling all of it but seemed to do most of it but i notice that in C Drive>Program files there is still Norton files/folders there, should i delete these files too?

Ps- I ran a Malwarebytes scan and found 120 threats (trojans etc), is this an exceptional amount please?

bremner 09:28 06 May 10

If you have had problems and cannot be sure all of Norton has gone you can run the Norton Removal Tool click here

As for the Malware then if the threats are ALL trojans then you need to tighten your security.

If they are in the main tracking cookies then that is normal

Sea Urchin 09:52 06 May 10

Have you sorted out your automatic updating on AVG yet on one of your other threads?

click here

buel 16:41 08 May 10

Can someone please verify that the Norton uninstaller in bremmer's post is not a virus? I've had some strange things happen after using it you see...!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 08 May 10

Its not a virus and you will never get rid of Norton completely unless you use the tool.

bremner 17:02 08 May 10

The tool is from Symantec and is most definitely not a virus.

What "strange things" have happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009