delete a partition on my new acer ?

stephen0205 11:32 06 Dec 06

hi there i recently bought an acer laptop and it has 1 80 gigabyte hard drive but is partitioned into 2 35gb ones and the second one is empty....how do i delete the empty one to make it 1 full hard drive

rawprawn 11:42 06 Dec 06

You need a program such as Acronis Disc director
click here you could try the free download.

Whaty 12:05 06 Dec 06

It's not always a bad idea to keep the two.. I keep all my personal stuff on the second partition, letters, photo's, etc.. If you should ever need to format your C: drive and/or reinstall windows you won't lose the information stored on D:

rawprawn 12:18 06 Dec 06

Whaty has made a good point although I would make one partition a bit smaller than the C:

toxin 15:58 06 Dec 06

Definitely agree with Whaty!

Keep it as it is.
Programs on C Drive.
All your personal data on D.

Then, if you do run into trouble, and need to format your HDD, you will only need to format C, thus leaving your personal data intact on D.

Mad Mick 16:01 06 Dec 06

I think Acer keep their restore files on drive D:
I would check to see if drive D: is really empty. Make sure that your system is set to "show hidden files" and check again to see if drive D: is really empty.

stephen0205 17:25 06 Dec 06

thanks for the help..it has some acer erecovery hidden files on my second partition so ill just use that one for personal files...thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…