Delete partition containing system files- how?

Dae 23:54 23 Apr 04

How should I delete a HDD partition that has on it WinXP system/boot files?

I have two SATA HDDs in place in one computer. Both drives contain a WinXP operating system with boot sectors. At present only one drive is connected to the motherboard, and I am using this drive in the normal way. I want the computer to be bootable from this HDD only, and to be able to use the other HDD for backups.

So what should I do to get the operating system safely deleted from this second, unconnected at the moment, HDD?

These system files are on a 40GB partition of a 160GB HDD, NTFS, and the complete drive contains no data that needs to be saved. Partition Magic is available, should using it make things easier.

Regards,

Dae.

powerless 00:04 24 Apr 04

Well connect the drive up.

Boot into the drive that you are currently using and want to continue using.

Click start, run, type:

diskmgmt.msc

Click OK.

Your Drive that you have connected up is "Disk1" you should see its partitions, right click the partition, Delete Partition.

Dae 00:13 24 Apr 04

Thank you Powerless.

I was a bit concerned that something special might be involved because it was system files being deleted.

I shall follow your instructions.

Regards,

Dae

powerless 00:18 24 Apr 04

If you had a dual boot it may have complicated matters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…