Delete Outlook Express?

Yimbo 00:09 AM 10 Jun 11

Now that I've more or less got my head round MS Outlook 2010, should I now delete OE? At the moment OE is still active, though not my default email program, and seems just to be duplicating things!

What's your advice, please?

Migwell 00:37 AM 10 Jun 11

I find that Outlook Express is better than other offerings from Microsoft. It has a junk folder which it will deposit unwanted or dodgy emails in saving you from the problems you get when other programs just let them be opened or read without you giving them a second thought.

So I would keep Outlook Express and dump the others, I know I have and I am very happy at that.

ShIvZ 00:38 AM 10 Jun 11

i usually just get rid of the auto-sign in on my email address so its a lot more easier to do things your way

birdface 08:11 AM 10 Jun 11

As far as I knew it came bundled with I/E so not that sure if you can delete it or not and still get I/E to work properly.

Nontek 08:37 AM 10 Jun 11

Outlook Express can be removed by going to Control Panel>Add&RemovePrograms then clicking on Add/Remove Windows Components in the left-hand column, then removing the tick beside Outlook Express.

Yimbo 09:18 AM 10 Jun 11

Thanks folks - once again - for your helpful advice. Much appreciated.

Sea Urchin 10:44 AM 10 Jun 11

Technically speaking it disables OE rather than removing it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off