Delete file names

TINDO 01:04 13 Jun 08

Hie can you please tell me how to delete all recent opened file names from my PC after each use ( can it happen automatically )if not how can i make sure it does not keep all file names any help will do thanks for your time.

Earthsea 01:29 13 Jun 08

What sort of files are they? And what's your Windows version?

TINDO 01:43 13 Jun 08

Hie it Win XP PRO SP2 they are files names of files and web sites and just normal everyday files from storage devices its a family PC

Earthsea 02:08 13 Jun 08

Can't you just manually delete them after you've used them?

Right click on the file and select Delete, or just drag them to the Recycle Bin.

You can find a file's location by going to Start>Search.

Taff™ 06:06 13 Jun 08

Most Recently Used (MRU`S) shortcuts are automatically removed when you run Ccleaner click here Along with all cookies, history etc etc. In Options>Settings you can set it to run at start up.

brundle 09:37 13 Jun 08

Start menu/run,type

recent

press return

Select All, delete.

And for IE ;
Tip: You can adjust your Internet Explorer settings to automatically clear the cache whenever you close Internet Explorer. Go to the Tools menu, and click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab. In the "Settings" box, scroll down to the section labeled "Security," and click to check the box next to the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" option. Click OK to finish. This option does not delete cookies, but it will clear your cache of other files when you close your browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac