Delete downloaded updates

exdragon 08:25 14 Jul 08

Hi - is there a way to delete a downloaded update which I do not wish to install? For example, something which relates to Outlook Express, which I never use?

Technotiger 08:43 14 Jul 08

Hi, I never use Outlook Express, but I never get Updates for it - this may be because I have long since deleted Outlook Express from my list of Programs at Start>All programs.

I am only assuming that this is why I don't get the updates. I have not done anything else to try and stop the updates.

Technotiger 08:44 14 Jul 08

PS - using XP Home.

Technotiger 08:46 14 Jul 08

Ooops - just slide the downloaded update into the Recycle bin, or right-click and Delete.

ambra4 12:59 14 Jul 08

The best way is to use the “Set Program Access & Default settings” in the Start folder

Click start – Click Set Program Access And Default – Custom – Select Use my Current email

program and remove the tick Enable access to this program next to Outlook Express

exdragon 14:02 14 Jul 08

I only used OE as an example, there have been other odd ones which I didn't want.

Technotiger - I can't believe I'm so stupid not to have thought of that - thanks!

Technotiger 14:28 14 Jul 08

Don't worry, we all do it from time to time .. Lol

To get rid of any hard to un-install items use click here when the program asks you if you want to re-start now - Don't, Revo has not finished. When it gives you the option to Select All and Delete - Do so. Finally click on Finish and then re-start your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…