delete cookies

holligan 14:25 14 Dec 03

I delete cookies every night and files from pc.But in a windows folder there was 100`s of cookies i have deleted a lot.can i delete the lot in 1 go or do them by 1.i thought they would go when i delete daily.cheers

recap 14:44 14 Dec 03

The way I delete them is from Explorer then I know they are gone.

Right click Start button select Explorer locate the Cookies folder and open it. Click anywhere in the right hand window hold down Ctrl+A then just press the Delete key (after the prompt to ensure you want to delete them all). This will then send them to your Recycle bin. You can do this for History, Temp and Temp Internet files.

Once they are in the recycle bin empty the bin.

One thing of note though, when deleting cookies if you have your username & password saved by an Internet site i.e. PCA the next time you log in you will have to re-entre your settings.

Stuartli 17:04 14 Dec 03

Have you enabled Delete Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed in Tools>Options>Advanced?

You can also delete cookies from the General tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…