deleating temp. files

871david 14:42 13 Jan 12

I am running Windows 7. I cant delete temp files. I have tried all the usual ways, i e tools- Inter net options, also disc clean-up. I can delete eveything else, including temp. internet files. When i click on view files (in clean-up)it says folder empty

northumbria61 14:52 13 Jan 12

Download and Run CCleaner from here enter link description here Very safe to use.

lotvic 14:55 13 Jan 12

Start > and in run box type: %temp%

http://www.pcterritory.net/2010/02/where-are-windows-7-temporary-files.html To view temp files press simultaneously win logo+r key to open run box. Type in %temp% and you are going to see the list of your files that can be deleted. Simply select them all and press delete key.

Sometimes you are not going to be able to delete a file or two which may be locked due to being in use by Windows Explorer. Do not bother about it just skip that one.

Temp File is located at C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp but then to visit this folder & view the content, users will have to turn off the 'hidden files & folder' option.

871david 16:27 13 Jan 12

thanks lotvic, will give it a try tomorrow, David

lotvic 16:55 13 Jan 12

Tip: to select ALL the files in the folder, click your cursor on a blank part in the folder in amongst the files, Hold down Ctrl key and press a (the letter a) then all the files will be selected (highlighted)

871david 17:18 13 Jan 12

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…