DelCmos Virus

denali 16:07 02 Nov 05

At our OAP club we have a pretty new PC. XP Home
This morning I ran AVC and it showed the above virus but would not delete or clean it. I ran three online virus checks McAfee, Panda and Trend housecall. They all found it but none of them would delete it. I googled and found hundreds of entries explaining it was a boot virus but no suggestions on how to delete it. The concensus seemed to be it originated from a floppy disk -and that my friends -is the rub. The PC has no floppy drive. Any help greatly appreciated

sawest 16:19 02 Nov 05

As you have not got a floppy drive, then the source of the virus is likely an email attachment.

The virus infects DOS boot sectors (hard drives or floppy drives), although this is all that it does - it has no payload i.e. it exists to replicate.

Try downloading vcleaner and or stinger and runing these in safe mode:

click here

and

click here

denali 16:29 02 Nov 05

sawest: Thank you for your quick response.
I have downloaded vcleaner and will try it when we log off. Sorry, should have said we have Stinger, It came pre-installed with McAfee but found nothing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…