Delayed Write Failure

wilco33 23:53 06 Apr 06

Have been getting the above constantly the last 2/3days,might I have a virus ? Any advice much appreciated,thx.Am usingWindowsXP Home,have adaware,avast,spyware-blaster & Avant browser.

john-232317 08:04 07 Apr 06

Probably not a virus click here

wilco33 00:27 08 Apr 06

Thanks dadyassa.I dont know anything about 40/80 pin UDMA (?) stuff,can you help/advise on that ? Am going to disable Write Cacheing in Windows Explorer.Will keep you posted,thx again.

wilco33 00:53 08 Apr 06

Just looked at Write caching in Windows Explorer,it was already unchecked,the small box I mean !? But I was getting these Delayed Write Failed bubbles constantly ? Whats the next step ?

john-232317 06:47 08 Apr 06

Not sure myself, I had just googled for the microsoft help page. I also noticed some people having same thing when using large hard drives that were getting full`ish, but also some where there was a problem with the HD on the way out. But that may be nothing to do with your problem, have you contacted the HD makers support ?

wilco33 21:22 08 Apr 06

Its a Mesh desktop I have,will they be able to advise me on this problem ? By the way, I do have a large HD capacity,275Gb & 1Gb DDRAM,only used a few Gigs on the disk tho,had the computer only 8 months.Thx again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…