delay accessing internet after starting computer

Robkenbat 13:56 20 Aug 03

I'm running Windows XP Professional. Everything worked fine until installed SPYCHECKER. Since then there is a delay of about 3-4 minutes when I attempt to access Freeserve for my E-mails through Mailwasher or Outlook express. Unistalled Spychecker, but still the same delay.
ALSO. After the latest virus scare I downloaded and installed an MS patch to help increase security from this latest virus.

This delay also occurs when, after starting up my computer, I attemt to immediately access MY COMPUTER.

Anyone had the same problem and found a cure??

Djohn 14:10 20 Aug 03

Did you download the correct patch and version for your O/S? If you go into control panel, then click on "Add/remove programs, scroll down and you will see the number of the patch. j.

xania 14:39 20 Aug 03

You may find that, although you THINK that Windows has fully loaded, this is not the case. Sometimes you will find that the hard drive is still working for some time after the egg-timer vanishes. Bear in mind that, whilst the load-up is still running, you cannot do much if anything. Take a looks at msconfig to see what is loading and see if you can reduce this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…