Del System restore partition can I still use it?

Internetwhizzkid 22:45 20 Feb 07

Hi,
Just recently I reinstalled windows Xp using the provided Windows XP reinstallation CD. Now previously I would press CTRL and F11 this would then restore the computer back to the factory settinngs. However Dell claim that if the sofware is uninstalled or windows Xp is reinstalled you will never get the backup again. However when I tried to see how I could get the Dell media direct to install in windows I went into the partitions screen ( When you clean install xp)the bit that puzzles me is that the Ghost partition is still there. So does this mean that I will be able to use the restore partition even without the ctrl f11.

click here

This link (above) claims that yes you can still access the partion and stll be able to get the factory settings. Could someone please claify what it says.

Also does anyone know if they could tell me what it says in a simpler form. I know lots about computers but this has just got me ever so slightly confused.

Any help will be great

Thanks
Ben

woodchip 22:49 20 Feb 07

I would say yes, as long as you do not remove the Info on the other partition or change Partition sizes. One way is try it

woodchip 22:51 20 Feb 07

I fitted a New Drive In Medion Laptop, From 30Gb to 60Gb If it's done right you can still use Restore CD on most. It worked for me

Internetwhizzkid 07:30 21 Feb 07

its not a cd its just a partition. The disc that I used was the windows XP reinstalltion disc the one that formats the pc. Just wondering now how to get and use the restoree partition back

Thanks

Ben

robbiepaul79 08:25 21 Feb 07

If the partition is still there i dont see why not its a handy thing i like the idea dell had of this alot.

woodchip 09:37 21 Feb 07

Try pressing F10 or 11 as the comp starts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…