Defragmenting Report

Bapou 14:34 16 Dec 04

Following a routine defrag the C drive report indicated "certain files could not be degragmented". Does this indicate a problem exists with these files or would a second defrag be beneficial.

The files are numerous, from Windows\WMSETUP.LOG,
Windows\ Internet (4 files)
Documents and Settings (14)
Program Files BTYahoo (2)
and more.

This is the first experience in 3 years of this happening. Would appreciate some advice please.

recap 14:47 16 Dec 04

Make sure your files are safe by running a scan disc. If there is a problem scandisc will detect it (you may require your OS disc for this). To do a scadisc go to Start/run and type in: sfc /scannow

Bapou 15:25 16 Dec 04

I'd already ran a scan disk before defragging without being notified of any problem. Unfortunately I do not have an OS disc if there had been a problem, XP Home came preinstalled, the manufacturer wanted a further £60 for a Recovery disk. What I do have is Drive Image 7.

What has come to mind is, this is the first defrag with this problem and have installed AVG7 since the last time. Normally I don't turn off AVG, wondering if I should have.

Appreciate your help.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…