Defraging computer that has lots of Frgmented file

sunnynick 02:03 06 May 09

No mater how many times or with 3 extra defrag tools installed onto my laptop, I can't seem to get rid of the red fragmented files, any idea's as to why, and how I can get rid of them.

smokingbeagle 04:34 06 May 09

1 in safe mode
2 Defraggler
click here

sunnynick 03:02 07 May 09

Hi Smokingeagle, I can't get the progam to open so I can have a look, sorry, it times out for me.

birdface 08:03 07 May 09

After defraging I have the same amount of defragmented as fragmented files so maybe that is normal.

birdface 08:49 07 May 09

Did what smokingbeagle said and ran a defrag in safe mode.Total was 43.defragmented files and 43 fragmented files.Now I am almost sure in normal mode it used to be over 120 in defrag and fragmented files.

Technotiger 09:02 07 May 09

I use click here paid for version. I never have to defrag, just set it and forget it.

There is a free trial version - I highly recommend Diskeeper.

FinsGrandad 21:01 07 May 09

You could try Auslogics Defragmenter

bluto1 21:47 07 May 09

Are you telling us that you have red fragmented files after you've defragged? Which defrag programme(s) have you used?

sunnynick 00:45 08 May 09

Technotiger, I use click here paid for version. I never have to defrag, just set it and forget it.

Sounds really good but what one would I need to buy if I buy it ?????????????????????

sunnynick 00:52 08 May 09

Technotiger, I use click here paid for version. I never have to defrag, just set it and forget it.

Sounds really good,

Diskeeper 2009 Home * - $29.95
This one for my home computer then, thanks

sunnynick 01:33 08 May 09

Technotiger, will it get rid of all my fragmented files for me?I lowth paying out £20 if it don't do what I am hopeing for?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced