defragging c drive stops at 10 %

alexander-210570 21:20 23 Mar 04

i have been trying to defrag my c drive and what happens is that it stops after 10 % shows i open it to show the detail and there behind the masses of little squares or modules there is a bulge moving around as if trying to get out like something pushing from inside and it moves when i click the mouse to move up it goes,any ideas how to zap it.
estoy

Camille 21:25 23 Mar 04

What OS are you using? I had this problem with win98 and the solution was to press control/alt/delete to bring up task manager, and then stop all process except (I think) explorer - and then the defragging could continue. If I've got that wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. Of course, the alternative answer might be that your pc is possessed ;)

Camille 21:27 23 Mar 04

... only joking - I'm sure the pc isn't possessed! Just checked and my advice re win98 is correct :))

Eargasm 21:30 23 Mar 04

I think you have to leave explorer running and systray.Another way is to defrag in safe mode.

Paranoid Android 21:38 23 Mar 04

Or alternatively get a real defragger like Diskeeper instead of Microsoft's pretend one.

click here

Worth every penny, trial version available.

Marv

VoG II 21:39 23 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…