defrag trouble

chids 03:18 20 Apr 03

can anyone help??? I have a problem with defraging my c: drive.It starts ok up til 43% then jumps back to 37% and there is just white space where the files should be.I have tried running scan disc and thats ok and I have tried defraging in safe mode with no difference.

MichelleC 07:59 20 Apr 03

What os r u?

If you haven't defragged for a long time, depending on hd size it can take ages. I'm doing my external hd 120gb and it's taking 24 hrs, but I do dv editing. It's faster than normal as I'm using the ME defraggger in 98se os. If u want it I'll send it to u.

Pesala 08:58 20 Apr 03

Download Diskeeper Lite from click here

It is a Freeware defragmentation program that will run in the background, and completes the task more quickly.

Pesala 10:34 20 Apr 03

I use Windows ME. Diskkeeper takes five or ten minutes to completely defragment my 40 Gbyte drive with about 9Gbytes of files.

The progress indicator jumps in steps of 10%

On completion I get a dialogue box like this one: click here

On closing the dialogue box the progress indicator is back at 0% again, ready to do the next drive, if you have one.

MichelleC 10:58 20 Apr 03

Doesn't system restore still load in safemode with ME? If so disable.

Also try doing thorough scandisc with auto fix unchecked 1st.

countryboy 11:40 20 Apr 03

I have just been to the site to download diskeeper lite but can't find it. All I can down load is a trial version of the full application, how do I get the lite version?

loder 15:47 20 Apr 03

i have just downloded the lite version yesterday
you will have to fill in your profile before
you can downlode it but it is free.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009