Defrag Problem

Angry Kid 23:00 16 Feb 09

Evening all,

I wonder if anyone can help my father who is having problems when running Defraggler.

He runs the program and gets to between 42% and 70% and the program crashes and causes his pc to freeze up.

This always happens when it reaches the following file 'Dump4da9.tmp'.

Does anyone know what this file is as it is not showing up in my google search.

Your help would be appreciated as always.

Thanks

Angry Kid

mrwoowoo 00:37 17 Feb 09

Not an answer as such.But i always use auslogics defrag(free) and it's faultless.
click here

mrwoowoo 01:02 17 Feb 09

If you insist on sticking with Defraggler you can always manually delete the file before defragging as it is only a temporary file.
Just search for it on your pc and deleteit.

gazzaho 07:46 17 Feb 09

Dowm load CCleaner click here it deletes all temp files and a few other things too, you can also exclude the cookies you need for forum logins and folders you don't want to clean.

Angry Kid 08:28 17 Feb 09

Thanks for your postings.

However, he already runs CCleaner without a problem and this file stile remains.

He previously has not had a problem with defraggler.

Angry

2win 12:52 17 Feb 09

Check if he has the necessary free space needed for a defrag. Also run a chkdsk before defrag.
I would also suggest trying Diskeeper. It defrags my drives smoothly without leaving any fragmented files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…