defrag ghost images

rsinbad 12:22 20 May 06

from time to time i use windows live safety centre,

Each time i run this it recomends to defrag E drive as it is 22% defragmented, i have not done so as it contains backup ghost images.

Not sure that defragmenting this drive may damage the ghost image files.

Your comments please

gudgulf 12:30 20 May 06

I've defragmented Acronis True Image backups without problem.

The only way to find out is to try it and see....or play safe and leave well alone!

If Ghost allows you to check the integrity of your images(Acronis does) then give it a go and check the image afterwards.

rsinbad 12:55 20 May 06

Thanks for your reply ghost does have integrity check ;but have 3 separate ghost images clean install/ install with programs added/ and a later image. If i do defragment and it goes pearshaped then i will have lost the abillity to restore them.

Think the best way to be sure would be to ghost E drive to a dvd then defrag / check integrity and replace E drive from dvd if need be

gudgulf 13:17 20 May 06

Also remember that since the backup is only going to be read from very occasionally there is absolutely no advantage in defragmenting it anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…