Defrag feedback from thursday

dessi 09:32 10 Aug 03

Subj: Defragg
Date: 10/8/03 06:35:55 GMT Standard Time
To: DESMOND303

Hi, sorry for jumping on this thread sending a feedbackreport

Hi Des ,

I loaded the diskmaster lite programme & defragged the system last night. It took about 3 hours to complete but at least it worked. In order to set the programme to defragg on a regular basis you have to buy the full package. This will do for now. Maybe the defragg programme that is already on the computer might now work and it has the facility to set it to defragg regularly. I'll give it a try later.Is there a reason for defrag taking that long with Disklite??

xania 16:20 10 Aug 03

First defrag always takes longer in any language because it has more to do. But how large is you HD, and how large are the partitions. What else was running at the same time? What OS? Lite versions of software are typically not as effectient as the full package. Have you compared it with the OS's own software?

3 hours is not excessive for a 20MB disk full of files for a starter. Expect better if you defrag regularly.

john-232317 17:15 10 Aug 03

Turn off screensaver ? then use diskkeeper light.

dessi 17:29 10 Aug 03

Running Os ME on 40GB HD no partitions screensaver running,not complaining just wondered and asked the question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…