defrag - diskeeper or auslogics

pookie 19:44 PM 24 Mar 08

hi

windows xp home with sp2.

i have had diskeeper version 10 professional premier for several years. i paid for it. They have newer versions out and i know that my version may be behind when it comes to defrag technology.

i have read alot about auslogics disk defrag which is free and the current version has only been released a short time (ie may include current technology).

would you suggest that i use the new/free auslogics or the old/paid for diskeeper?

many thanks

P

sunny staines 19:46 PM 24 Mar 08

go for free jk defrag

cocteau48 20:53 PM 24 Mar 08

Backing up sunny staines recommendation read the guys home page:
click here
for my money (which is nowt as the program is open source and does not even require to be installed) he knows what he is talking about.

maghemite 23:17 PM 24 Mar 08

Diskeeper 2008, would be my choice. I use it and really like it. It's got a lot of features, performs very well and is extremely convenient to use.

I've also tried Auslogics (rubbish) and JKdefrag (confusing), and there is no comparison. Diskeeper is a far superior product, especially if you are using (or will be using) it with Vista. You can check out the features of the new versions of Diskeeper at click here and download the free trial versions to make up your own mind.

Stuartli 00:50 AM 25 Mar 08

I use the free version of Auslogics - does what it says on the tin.

ianeon 05:39 AM 25 Mar 08

I agree with SUNNY STAINES jkdefrag is very good.
MAGHEMITE, I wonder if you would explain what you mean by "confusing" as jkdefrag doesn't need to be installed and is an automated "one click" operation. If you use jkdefrag in conjunction with a file defragger programme( free ) called DEFRAGGLER then you have the best combination in the world.

kdt 06:21 AM 25 Mar 08

auslogics disk & registry defrag for me.

flyboy 09:22 AM 25 Mar 08

Agree with sunny staines.

ste76 10:56 AM 25 Mar 08

Auslogics is the best click here

sunny staines 14:53 PM 25 Mar 08

i also use auslogics registry defrag and windows pagefile defrag.

not tried dk2008, but was not impressed with dk2007,iobit smart defrag or auslogics disk defrag.

stylehurst 15:05 PM 25 Mar 08

Have a look at Raxco Perfect Disk, not free but very good

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites