Defrag

wrg 13:11 17 Oct 07

Can anyone give me an idea of how long a defrag should take. I have Vista & 120gb HDD. Did one earlier it took about 4 hours which seems a long time to me. Also can I find out a report in Vista on how the defrag went?

cheers

WRG

crosstrainer 13:24 17 Oct 07

Takes forever..... Use this, it's free, vista compatible, and fast!

click here

wrg 13:29 17 Oct 07

crosstrainer

Thanks for your response. I did use this one V1.3 and it took about 5 mins. I could not beleive that it could be this quick so I assumed it had not done it. Should it be this quick.

crosstrainer 13:32 17 Oct 07

It should, and if you doubt it...run it on your drive(s) and then try the Vista abomination....It will tell you that your file system is good!

It can also defrag external drives...I have 2x250gb sata's in this, and an external usb2 500gb for backups of all my machines...asuslogic works fine on all....Works with XP too, but don't have probs with that OS. :)

wrg 13:35 17 Oct 07

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Is it worth downloading their Speed Boost?

crosstrainer 13:37 17 Oct 07

Never tried it, but tent to steer clear of things like that...It's not free anyway, no substitue for Extra memory and a fast cpu! :)

crosstrainer 13:38 17 Oct 07

Tend, not tent....don't like camping anyway!

wrg 13:40 17 Oct 07

Thanks for your time and effort. Can I ask you just one more question if I may. I set up the administrator account in Vista. Under my normal login I have the defrag programme, but when I log in as administrator I cannot see it or access it. How can I do this

crosstrainer 13:42 17 Oct 07

Get it from start>all programmes?

wrg 13:45 17 Oct 07

Actually I can but I cant see CC cleaner though

crosstrainer 15:34 17 Oct 07

To create shortcuts. Have you got more than one user account? If so the shortcuts and appearence of each one is dependent on how you set them up.

I only use an admin account as I am the sole user of my machines:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5