Defrag

goll_y 18:21 23 Apr 04

Just run defragmenter and there were a few things that came up, 'files that cannot be defragmented'. Should that be expected or do I now need to do something? Just had a few problems and wondered whether this might be part of the problem.

ZEROTOLERANCE 18:25 23 Apr 04

were thet back up files?

goll_y 18:31 23 Apr 04

Some look as though they were to do with System Restore, some about dr watson, Identities, Wallpaper and themes and that's about it.

bertiecharlie 18:53 23 Apr 04

Have a look at the Diskeeper site click here Costs about £20 but there is a Diskeeper Lite version which is free. It should do a more thorough job than your exisitng defragmenter and might defragment your troublesome files. (The defragmenter on Windows XP is a cut down version of Diskeeper).

After the first defragmentation it takes only seconds to defragment your disk if you do it regularly.

g40 19:03 23 Apr 04

Just run defragment up to three times in a row on the drive, it works every time and i have done this for years on all my pc's, to the best of my knowledge it does no harm at all.
Cheers,
G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…