Defender Updates

Lettervanman 12:26 30 Mar 06

I did a system restore yesterday when dealing with an unrelated problem.I only restored to a point that I had made 15 mins.ago,and it was succcessful.
To-day defender tells me that it has not had updates for 14 days,(not so).Clicking update would result in a message saying that it was up to date,but the 14 day message remained.
I have had to reset using Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}and then click update again.
Posted for info!

J B 13:57 30 Mar 06

Good to hear from you, thought you had left the planet, strange I did a system restore the other day and nothing happened to defender with me. What definitions do you have, mine are 1.14.1358.2 Built on 28/03/06 at 10:06 AM are yours the same? If so your up to date. J.B.

Lettervanman 14:18 30 Mar 06

Hi there! Yes, same definitions as you.It did update o.k.after the reset.
I am only assuming that the restore was the reason for Defender playing up,if not I will have to keep an eye on it!

I have been playing with my latest toy,a PVR,which uses a hard disc to record.Just like a PC it has a mind of it's own at times.

J B 14:32 30 Mar 06

I'm jealous, only got sky+, but I would ditch it in a heartbeat if Auntie Beeb or some other channel would get more sport mainly cricket. Sounds rather sad but I like it. J.B.

Lettervanman 14:40 30 Mar 06

Sky+ boxes seem to work without some of the problems that Freeview boxes get,so you may be better off with that.Not much hope of cricket on freeview!

J B 14:55 30 Mar 06

That is the sad part of it all. Tradition doesn't stand for much anymore, its how many duckets you have I guess. J.B.

Cesare 15:00 30 Mar 06

I am green with Windows Defender. How do I update it ? Where can I view the updated definitions ? please I do not see any tab for update anywhere.

Lettervanman 15:22 30 Mar 06

Right hand side of tool bar,click small down arrow.You can update from there but it should get automatic updates through windows updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5