Default to UK Search in place of the Web in Google

Ex plorer 02:40 28 Jan 09

Hi I am using FireFox OS Vista, I have the UK search button next to Google Search as 99% of my searches are for the UK.

When you type in to Google search and hit enter it always goes to the Web to search.
Is there any way to default the search, to the UK search after hitting enter and stop it going to the Web.

T0SH 10:39 28 Jan 09

To search Google only in the UK by default use this link

click here|countryGB

I found it on a forum somewhere can`t remember where though

Cheers HC

T0SH 10:40 28 Jan 09

Ops try this link instead

click here

Cheers HC

birdface 10:47 28 Jan 09

In the right hand address bar click on the G or whatever shows on yours.Then manage search engine, and pick google or whatever one you want.

birdface 10:56 28 Jan 09

Ignore last.Not what you are looking for.

brundle 11:10 28 Jan 09

The English (British) version of Firefox has .uk versions of the search engines, if yours goes to .com for all of them you have the English (US) version. click here

Backup your profile and install the GB version over the top. click here

Ex plorer 14:27 28 Jan 09

Ok down-loaded UK British version.

Now when I search on the opening page in google and select the UK for fist time it defaults to the UK when hitting enter as I would like.

Only when I search from the google bar and hit enter does it default to the Web.

Thanks all for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…