default screen resolution in safe mode

brigtoo 16:33 23 Dec 06

before i fitted new hard drive and reloaded xp hpe with sp2, the screen default resolution when in safe mode was 800 x 600. it is now 640 x 480 which makes it impossible to use most of the programmes i.e. avg etc. as most of the buttons cant be accessed. is there any way to restore the default resolution in safe mode to 800 x 600

Gongoozler 16:51 23 Dec 06

See if there are any other resolution settings available in Safe Mode. You may well find that 800 x 600 is available. If it is, Windows should remember that that is your preference next time you boot into Safe Mode.

birdface 17:20 23 Dec 06

Never tried it in safe mode, Control panel ,Display, Settings,Move the slide untill it gets to 800x600, Then press apply, Could normally go into advanced mode and change it from there,But for some reason all my settings have changed,

brigtoo 17:38 23 Dec 06

in safe mode i can move slider to another setting click apply and ok but nothing changes and the setting reverts to 640 x 480, so im snookered at the moment.

birdface 19:51 23 Dec 06

Can you go into Device Manager And check that there is no yellow exclamation mark on your graphics or diplay.May just be your driver needing up-dated.

brigtoo 20:50 23 Dec 06

checked in device manager, no yellow tick.

brigtoo 20:51 23 Dec 06

i meant exclamation mark.

birdface 21:22 23 Dec 06

Where the slider bar is ,There should be an advanced button on r/hand side,Press that,See if you can change your screen resolution from there,If not press the general button while you are in there,And your DPI setting should be set the same as mine I suppose, Mine is set at 96. If yours is higher or lower Change it to 96, But remember where it was set just to be safe,so that you can change it back if it doesn't work.

brigtoo 21:33 23 Dec 06

set same as yours, 96

birdface 22:39 23 Dec 06

You need someone with more knowledge of your situation,I have found that changing the Monitor will not change it,So the problem is with your computer or drivers,I presume while you were changing your hard drive, That you had the Monitor Disconected,You could check the cable to make sure that you have not bent any of the wires while reconecting.

birdface 22:56 23 Dec 06

When in Safe mode, Run system restore,click here You might find something in here,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…