Default save location for MS Word2003?

Mysticnas 10:12 05 Mar 04

Hi all,

When i'm using certain applications I save my work in specific drivers/folders all the time. For instance when i use MS Word/Photoshop/3D Max etc. the work will always be saved to the same folders.

Is there anyway i can set the default save as location for each individual application.

It's just a hassle going through my drives and navigation to the folders all the time. I have 15 hard drives, and a lot of folders in each. It's just a hassle.

Thanks in advance.

Nas

Sheila-214876 10:22 05 Mar 04

I use Word 2000. Try - open word and go to Tools, Options, File Locations. Highlight Documents and click on Modify. Change the Look In to where you want the files to be saved and OK your way back out. Don't know if there is a similar sequence on the other two programmes as I don't have them.

Mysticnas 10:36 05 Mar 04

...for that mate, worked a treat for word. Will try it on the other apps later today.

;o)

Diemmess 10:42 05 Mar 04

You are home in one with Word

Some apps are not so amenable, and my lame way out for these is to make a new folder in the place that I choose, and name the folder the name that I want.

If I then always save to that folder, and most times open from that folder, the application will usually remember and offer that folder next time I do something with a file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5