DEFAULT PAGE SETTING ON WORD DOCUMENT

wimples 20:26 14 Jan 07

I am running Windows XP professional and Office 2003. The default margin setting for page set up in Word is Top and Left margins 2 cm. Bottom 14.47 and Right 10.84. I have deleted Normal.dot template, uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled it and the same problem comes up. I cannot get the margins to change and hold the changed margins. Please help.

Eric10 22:38 14 Jan 07

Margin settings are definitely stored in Normal.dot but there could be more than one instance of it on your PC. You should do a search and delete all instances that are found.
The default location for Normal.dot on Win XP is C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
Reinstalling the program doesn't help because Normal.dot isn't overwritten.

Woolwell 22:38 14 Jan 07

Open normal.dot. Set up your new margins then save as template this should remember your margins.

Simsy 08:35 15 Jan 07

and I presume it's the same in 2003...

File>Page setup

Choose your settings, then at the bottom left of the dialogue box is a button, "Make Default"

Clicking this brings up a confirmation box asking if you want to make the settings the default in "Normal.dot" Say yes and voila!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…