Default network only

Dirk Diggler 18:38 29 Mar 07

Have setup a Dlink DI-524 router to allow me to network my main wired pc and my wi-fi enabled laptop.

However, when I search for available wireless networks on the laptop all it will find is one called "Default" which is WPA enabled and I can access the net using the password that I entered in the router settings.

I have gone through the network setup wizard on the main PC and created a network and have followed the instructions to add the laptop to the network using a USB key and have had the message stating that the laptop has successfully been added to network "XXXX" - but still I can only find the default network when I do a search.

I have set-up the firewall (ZoneAlarm) to add the mainpc / lappy & router into the trusted zone so I cannot think it is a firewall issue?

Any suggestions please as this one has got me baffled!

Ashrich 23:42 30 Mar 07

Default is the name of your DLink wireless router , this can be changed from the setup pages , what you should be looking for is in either My Network Places or under Network in Windows Explorer , providing you have also set up some folders for sharing ( right click on something you wish to share and select " Sharing and Security " ) they will be visible together both PC's .

Ashley

Dirk Diggler 09:10 31 Mar 07

Excellent forum as always

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…