default mail program

hgrock 12:19 03 Oct 09

i have windows live mail and gmail as my mail programs, g mail i use for crap and those joke one gets from time to time.
if i go to a web site and it has a n email link and i click on it, gmail opens,it should be windows live mail, i have set all the defaults in explorer, any ideas folks

Sea Urchin 12:28 03 Oct 09

Have you set Windows Live Mail in IE - Tools - Internet Options - Programs tab and select email program. Click Apply and OK.

hgrock 16:37 03 Oct 09

i have done all that yet the same result

Technotiger 16:42 03 Oct 09

Go to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults>Custom and check the settings there.

TonyV 16:43 03 Oct 09

I assume you have done this as well! In Windows Live Mail, Tools/Options/General, check "This application is the default Mail handler."

TonyV

hgrock 21:44 03 Oct 09

sorry but you guessed right, done all that, windows live settings shows it as default, yet if i click on a mail link gmail opens, but the annoying bit is it opens in my inbox not the send mail with the address there i have to then go and write it in if i can see it, if it is only a "click here" then i am stuck, a right pain. i was just thinking live mail only handles my hotmail, i should make hotmail the default and see what happens

TonyV 23:42 03 Oct 09

Following on from what Technotiger says, in my panel there I have the following checked under e mail:- Use my current e mail programme - checked. Enable access to this programme for Outlook Express - checked, but Outlook Express is unchecked. Windows Live Mail is unchecked as is Enable access to this programme. Finally, Yahoo! Mail is unchecked, but Enable access to this programme is checked.

My default e mail programme is Windows Live Mail. So maybe it is something to do with the checking of the mail programmes you have available to you in Technotiger's instructions.

Hope you get it sorted!

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017