Default mail handler?

DrDob 18:52 06 Dec 06

How do I set MS out look as my Default mail handler? I have Internet explorer 7 and up to then no problems. I set the Default mail handler to ie7 but the …. Thing just changes back to out look is not your Default mail handler. How do I persuade it to sty as I put it. As to get mail I have to start the program, in place of ‘clicking’ a button. Any body got a idea??
Thank you Michael

Woolwell 19:10 06 Dec 06

To set Outlook or Outlook Express as your default e-mail handler open IE7 tools - Internet Options -and on the Programs tab select Outlook under the dropdown list for e-mail and click on ok.

I am not sure what you mean by the button but suspect that you are missing the old read mail icon. To activate this then right click on the command bar then choose customise command bar then add or remove commands then from the list on the left add read mail. This will add a read mail icon on the far right of the command bar.

DrDob 22:14 07 Dec 06

woolwell thank for trying but that did not work i have been to the MS support site and followed the bit about the registry but that did not work,the drop down box that should say 'outlook'in the options is blank and i am stumped.any mor ideas??
Michael

Woolwell 23:22 07 Dec 06

You may have to uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6.
Which version of Outlook are you using? 2003 or earlier?

^wave^ 08:24 08 Dec 06

in outlook go to tools and then options go to general tab and tick make outlook default mail program

Stuartli 09:02 08 Dec 06

You could also go to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults and configure Outlook Express as the Default (not IE7).

VoG II 09:49 08 Dec 06
  JayDay 11:14 08 Dec 06

Same site as VoG but a little program to help setting the default mail program on a per user basis click here

DrDob 18:08 08 Dec 06

thank you all its sorted. michael

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…