Default Mail Client Problem

Cook2 10:40 30 May 04

XP Home - Outlook 2000.

Until yesterday, when sending several pictures by e-mail, I have always opened My Pictures folder and selected the pictures I wish to send. I then clicked on 'e-mail selected items' and a new message window appeared with the attachments in place.

I tried yesterday and was greeted with the message 'Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as your default mail client'.

As I needed to send the pictures urgently I decided to use Outlook Express 6 where a message pooped up 'Outlook Express 6 is not currently your default mail client. Would you like to make it your default mail client'? I clicked yes.

I then went back to my pictures and tried again only to get 'Either there is no default mail client.........etc'

So back to using Outlook 2000 where in the past when I have changed from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, I got the message 'Outlook is not your default mail client.......etc', but the message no longer appears.

I've checked for viruses, Avast! and Avast Cleaner, and spyware, Spybot S&D + AdAware 6, but everything shows as clear.

I haven't changed any settings so can't understand why things have gone wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have to get the pictures off today or I will get an earbashing.

Thanks.

VoG II 10:44 30 May 04

Hello Cook2

click here should help you.

Cook2 11:42 30 May 04

Thanks for that VoG™, I followed the instructions but still have the same problem

In the registry I had two entries, one for Outlook and one for Outlook Express. I was able to delete the Outlook Express entry but when trying to delete Outlook I got 'Unable to delete all specified values'.

Under the headings:- Name I get AB Default)- Type REG_SZ - Data (value not set).

Cook2 15:42 30 May 04

Success!!!

I decided to uninstall Outlook 2000 and Blueyonder and re-installed - now back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…