Default mail client not correctly installed

chesterfield 11:21 03 Mar 04

Im having a problem with email links in emails. When I click on them I get the message - "Could not perform this operation because your Default mail client is not correctly installed".

Under the 'Tools - Options' menu I can see that on the bottom of the general tab, is the message 'This Application is not the default mail handler' Even if I tick the box (which should then make Outlook Express the default mail handler) it doesnt work and the next time I look at it, it has reverted back.

Any ideas??

I'm using Outlook Express with windows XP.

Diodorus Siculus 11:23 03 Mar 04

click here
How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

chesterfield 16:10 03 Mar 04

Gave all suggestions a try but hasn't solver the problem - any other ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 16:51 03 Mar 04

Go into Internet explore options and under the programs tab, choose your mail program. This should work.

If it is already selected, select another and ok it. Then restart and go back in and select OE. Then ok your way out.

chesterfield 17:23 03 Mar 04

Good idea but I dont have any other email progs installed so there are no other options in the drop down list!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…