Default Mail Client

Elderslie 15:31 28 Nov 08

Whenever I am reading a website and I click the "Click here to send an email" All I get is a dialog box saying "Could not perform this operation because Default Mail Client is not properly installed" --- I use 'Thunder bird' and 'Googlemail' and very occasionally 'IE'. I have tried to find the 'DMC' and install it but nothing I try seems to work. -- Can anyone help?

Clapton is God 15:44 28 Nov 08

So which is your default e-mail client?

Googlemail is web-based e-mail and 'IE' is not an e-mail client

Technotiger 15:45 28 Nov 08

Try going to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults, then click on Custom and set one of your email clients as the Default.

At least this is how it is in XP.

Sea Urchin 15:52 28 Nov 08

.....or if Thunderbird is your default go to Tools/Options/General tab/on Always Check to see if Thunderbird is the default client - click Check Now and make Default

Elderslie 16:15 28 Nov 08

Thank you people. Yes I had checked and Thunder bird is my 'default'. However I did try what Technotiger suggested. I found "Use my current e-mail program" and for 'Thunderbird' "Enable access to this program" was clicked. I clicked and unclicked a few things. and when I went back to the website, Lo and Behold,"click here to send an email" had the desired result! It appears that 'unclicking and clicking' has the same but more gentle result of hammering the base unit!
Thank you again chaps!

Technotiger 18:19 28 Nov 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…