Default Internet Connection

SURVEY 09:24 15 Aug 07

I have a broadband account with Wanadoo and because of line dropping problems from time to time I opened a BT Internet account in readiness for a possible changeover. In order to keep the BT account one has to access it every so often on dial-up. However since doing this the BT Yahoo always come up on my dialler screen as the default rather than my Wanadoo account.

I have tried the usual Tools/Internet Acount/Connections and set Wanadoo as my default (and clicked ‘Apply’) but always on restarting the computer BT Yahoo comes up as the default for some reason. How do I stop this without using Add/Remove for BT Yahoo?

recap 10:49 15 Aug 07

Ensure that the 'Never Dial a Connection' option is ticked in Tools/Internet Option/Connections

SURVEY 10:54 15 Aug 07

recap - thanks for your suggestion, but this is not the problem. I am not trying to stop a dial up. Waht I am trying to do is to retain my Wanadoo Broadband as the first selection on the dialler drop down list. In other words to retain Wanadoo as my default rather than the annoying BT Yahoo that keeps making itself the default.

Batch 11:14 15 Aug 07

Is there something installed as part of the BT set-up that runs something (at start-up) that:

a) somehow sets BT as the default
and/or
b) dials BT and sets it as the default

SURVEY 11:17 15 Aug 07

Batch - I would think that your suggestion a) is the case. I need to know how to stop this!

Batch 12:41 15 Aug 07

First of all, can you tell us how you have your connection set-up to connect (in Internet Options, Connections)?:

a) Never dial a connection
b) Dial whenever a network connection is not present.
c) Always dial my default connection

SURVEY 13:00 15 Aug 07

Batch - 'Dial whenever a network connection is not present'.
Have tried the other settings though!

I also have another dial-up isp and that one does not try to set itself up as default on a restart; only BT Yahoo does this!

SURVEY 13:00 15 Aug 07

I also have another dial-up isp and that one does not try to set itself up as default on a restart; only BT Yahoo does this!

SURVEY 13:01 15 Aug 07

Batch 16:40 15 Aug 07

So if you have to Never dial a connection, does it still dial the BT connection on startup?

SURVEY 17:57 15 Aug 07

Batch - I think you are misunderstanding the problem. None dial up automatically. I am talking about the Dial Up Connection box that shows BT Yahoo as the default and first isp no matter whether I subsequently make another isp the default. My selected choice of default isp always shows first during the current session when I change to that preferred isp as default. However, on restarting the computer BT Yahoo persists on becoming the default once again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…