Default gateway off line.

mrmick 16:00 06 May 06

I have set up a home network. My laptop logs on and connects to internet no probs. my second pc upstairs logs on to the network and tells me signal stregnth is exalent, but will not log on to internet. Keep getting the message default gateway off line. I have tried the trouble shooters and set up wizards to no avail. My main pc and laptop connect straight away.

Mick.

Ade_1 16:06 06 May 06

does it work wired? , if so it could be a similar problem to what i have.

mrmick 16:15 06 May 06

my main pc is connected by earthernet cable that works fine, the laptop and 2nd PC.are wireless the laptop works fine the 2nd pc shows default gateway off line.

remind 16:18 06 May 06

delete any `Local Connection` other than your current wireless one in Network Connections (assuming XP).
start menu/run, type cmd, at the dos prompt type

ipconfig /release
then
ipconfig /renew

amongst the ip information, your default gateway should be the router's IP address, 192.168.x.x

remind 16:20 06 May 06

check the info on one of your working wireless machines to find the exact gateway address

mrmick 16:57 06 May 06

done all that, Still no internet and gateway offline

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…