Default gateway error

d.macf 16:16 09 Dec 07

Help...I am trying to connect a laptop running windows xp to the internet thru a wireless router supplied by BT. The anomaly is that it has been working fine for about a year...until now. It connects wirelessly to an unsecured network in my friends house but still won't connect at home. Two other laptops at home and a desktop (wired) are also connecting with no problems. The status on the control panel says the connection is made and the network appears to be found, but the default gateway error persists and will not allow connection to the internet. Tried to call BT but found myself connected to a foreign call centre where dialects prevented any meaningful comms before frustration caused me to give up. Any help would be appreciated.

brundle 08:12 10 Dec 07

Make sure TCP/IP properties are set to "Obtain an IP address automatically", then go to start menu/all programs/accessories/command prompt, at the prompt type

ipconfig /all (space between the two words)

you may need to scroll back up the list.

Your default gateway should start 192.168.1.

If still no luck make sure the adapters MAC address has been added to any access control lists on the homehub, and that the IP range the Homehub is set to dish out is enough for all 4 machines (ie if its limited to 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.4 for whatever reason then only 3 machines will be able to get an IP address at once).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…