Default Folder Icons

Richard Madeley 18:19 21 Feb 03

I installed a desktop theme .exe and all my WinMe default textured yellow folders have been changed to Win98 ones.They look rubbish. How do I change them back? You can't right click/properties like a program icon. I can change them individually using a dedicated icon program but that'll take an age. Any ideas? There's nothing much in search.

Lú-tzé 18:30 21 Feb 03

Try tweakui - it has a repair option for icons which may also allow you to restore to default.

Richard Madeley 23:21 21 Feb 03

Nope - TweakUI , although a keeper, doesn't do it.

I think the answer lies somewhere in the system shell????????????

Richard Madeley 23:21 21 Feb 03

Nope - TweakUI , although a keeper, doesn't do it.

I think the answer lies somewhere in the system shell????????????

MAJ 23:27 21 Feb 03

Try a System Restore.

beeuuem 23:59 21 Feb 03

Open Folder Options from Windows explorer/ View.
In folder options go to View> Reset all folders.
This should restore default settings.

leo49 00:34 22 Feb 03

If the above hasn't worked,it is possible to do it via the Registry but the easiest way for you is to download Microangelo[you get a 30 day trial] and in the On Display/Misc.Tab you can change the both all the default open and closed system folders with a couple of clicks.

Regards

« Ravin » 01:17 22 Feb 03

try this click here only a nag screen

Richard Madeley 16:14 22 Feb 03

Wow! Wow! Wow! - E-Icons! E-Icons! E-Icons!

What a great program! Cheers Ravin! Michelangelo, good but more of an icon editor and less user friendly than E.

Not only did E-Icons reset defaults at a click I now have the most beautiful metallic theme all in hi res.

Looking at the default path listed for each icon by the program it does turn out that Shell32 is the culprit. E-Icons sorts it at a click without editing the reg yourself. Sorted!

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…