Default browser homepage has changed

earthmother 12:34 23 Nov 03

The default browser has changed to a search engine site, if blank is selected it still goes back to the same site. Have removed all temp internet files, searched registry and cleaned all cookies - can anyone suggest anything while I still have some hair left!!

Gongoozler 12:39 23 Nov 03

Hi earthmother, does the story on this site sound familiar?
click here

VoG II 12:39 23 Nov 03

Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here to remove
THen get StartpageGuard click here

Gongoozler 12:51 23 Nov 03

If this is the SearchV site, this is a nasty trojan that is masquerading as a legitimate search engine.

click here

earthmother 13:00 23 Nov 03

Not sure if it is SearchV or not url is
click here

have looked at site you have recommended and manually searched the registry, and am downloading spybot - will keep you posted as it has not gone yet!

earthmother 13:19 23 Nov 03

I have downloaded and run ad-aware, spy-bot and home page guard and the festering thing is still there!

VoG II 13:22 23 Nov 03

If you run StartpageGuard and click the padlock on the left you should be able to reset your home page, then click the padlock again to lock it.

I'll keep looking for info on this particular highjacker.

Gongoozler 13:39 23 Nov 03

cwshredder is reported to be an effective tool to remove this malicious code click here

This is discussed on this site - click here

earthmother 09:02 24 Nov 03

Many thanks to all - was not actually my PC but belongs to a friend - eventually gave up and went home - am going to try again one evening to sort it!

Jester2K II 09:40 24 Nov 03

Gongoozler is correct -click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…