default browser

Newuser819 19:54 24 Jan 05

I have recently made Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird my default browser and email client respectively.
I have retained Outlook Express, Microsoft Explorer and Avant Browser.

Question 1

Whenever I follow up an internet hyperlink from a Thunderbird email I am directed through Avant browser instead of Firefox, even though Avant states that it is not the default browser.

Why is this and how can I rectify it?

Question 2

When I set up Thunderbird I successfully imported all old emails generated through Outlook Express.

If I wish to open an email through Outlook Express, I can still do so but I cannot then trace this email through Thunderbird.

Is this correct that an email can only be retained by one email client?

Can individual emails be transferred from one email client to another?

Any help much appreciated.

obbit 20:01 24 Jan 05

When you open Outlook Express, you download your emails from your ISP server. So therefore are no longer available to download again on Thunderbird. Hotmail is different in that your emails are still available with hotmail.

john-232317 21:46 24 Jan 05

Try this

OE.....Tools....int accounts.....hilite acc....properties.....advanced tab....tick leave copy on server 3 from bottom of window..... click apply then OK...then try t bird again ;-))

john-232317 21:49 24 Jan 05

Should have said try again when new email arrives in OE, cos it wont find old ones.

ade.h 22:00 24 Jan 05

Re: your OE/Thunderbird email issue, there is a setting in the options box of OE that allows a copy of each message to be left on the server. It might be a bit sledgehammer/nut but would, I think, allow Thunderbird to download them afterwards.

ade.h 22:03 24 Jan 05

Having said that, I can't actually find it now. Please excuse me.......;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…