Default Browser

wingfield 16:51 22 Aug 04

I run both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. I have Firefox as my main browser. I can't find where I can make one of them the default browser. I've tried loading Google toolbar (to stop popups) but it doesn't seem to be attaching to either of them. If I make IE my default browser perhaps Google will load properly.

iambeavis 16:56 22 Aug 04

Firefox -tools/options/general/default browser.

rawprawn 17:26 22 Aug 04

Google toolbar only works with IE, Firefox has its own google.

canard 17:44 22 Aug 04

There's an extension for Firefox which has click to bring up IE function - very handy.

rawprawn 18:26 22 Aug 04

Please point me in the right direction.

iambeavis 18:33 22 Aug 04
  dagwoood 20:28 22 Aug 04

Wingfield, to make I.E.your default browser, open Internet options, click on the programs tab. At the bottom there's a box that you can tick if you want I.E. to check whether it's the default browser.

If there isn't a tick in it, click in the box, click on apply, then O.K. Now when you open I.E.,if it's not the default browser you'll be presented with the option to set it as your default browser.

dagwoood.

rawprawn 08:12 23 Aug 04

Thank you, very handy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…