default adminstator password XP home edition

CR93Pete 16:10 21 Oct 03

I had a bit of ashock when my PC wouldn't boot up!It wouldn't even start in safe mode or last known good settings. A frend suggested booting from the installation disc to get to the recovery console. Fine but it requests a administrator password and won't proceed further. I have never put a password in to start up in XP. Is there a default password to move on from here. My friend suspects that it can't find the File Allocation Table. I have recently defraged the hard disc

Djohn 16:15 21 Oct 03

If you have not used a password, then none will be required. Try clicking on cancel or close and see if you are allowed to proceed. j.

Djohn 21:48 21 Oct 03

Received by e-mail. j.

I will check this on the machine when get home, as I am at work at the moment. I tried all the obvious passwords. even just pressing enter to try to move on. with no sucess

dave h 16:26 22 Oct 03

A friend of mine has this problem..I shall watch with interest.....

Icidentally, the machine in question is a Dell... yours wouldn't be a Dell would it???

MichelleC 16:30 22 Oct 03

Circumventing the password may help: click here

Djohn 17:19 25 Oct 03

Just received by e-mail the message below.

Thanks for help
Problem solved . Removed surplu cards and diconnected DVD drive and Zip100 drives , repair then possible . reconnected everything O.K. Suspect ZIP 100 was the cause it.
Thanks once again
CR93 Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…