Deep Burner question

Sirpad 09:51 18 May 06

I just used Deep Burner for the 1st time to creat a CD with some JPEG files. Got to burn the CD okay but now the CD appears to be Read Only and I cannot change file names. Am confused as the CD I used is CD-RW. The only thing I can think of is that my CD drive is NOT CD-RW as ordered (and on the specs on DELL invoice,

How can I verify that the drive actually IS CD-RW?

Does Deep Burner automatically create the CD as Read-Only perhaps?

Gongoozler 09:57 18 May 06

I don't know about Deep Burner, but you can't change file names unless you have formatted and burned the disks as Packet Writing such as In CD. Otherwise rewritable CD only means that you can erase the whole CD and then re-use it.

Sirpad 12:40 18 May 06

Boy do I feel stupid! I realized that I could append files to those already on the CD using Deep Burner.

What I thought RW meant was that the a CD-RW disk could just be used as another drive that I could randomly move files to and change whatever I wanted using normal editing tools.

Thanks for filling me in on something I should have already known. That's what 20 years on mainframes will do to you!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…